About Me – Julia

Hello!

My name is Julia, and I am a freshman! I’m super duper excited to be in this class. Originally, I’m from Minnesota, but I identify most with the country my mother is from, Norway. During High School, I participated in Model United Nations, Model Assembly (A program emulating the Minnesota State government) and Robotics. My favorite color is teal, and my favorite animal is a green sea turtle (Only because dragons aren’t real).  Now, I live in Wagner Hall, and I’m super excited to finally be able to be in college, a place I have been pretty focused on since middle school.

I’ve been studying Spanish since kindergarten, and I’m very excited to be able to add more dimensions to what I already know about Latin American History. I am very interested in the indigenous populations in Latin America because I feel as if High School history courses do not focus enough on pre-Colombian Latin American history due to the focus on Europe. I’m most interested in learning about the indigenous religions before interaction with Christianity because there is not much information out there on them.